To create product category:
1. Go to your webShaper Store control panel.
2. Click on Product.
3. Click on Create New Category.
4. Enter category name in Name field. Remember to put your Parent Category if you have them.
5. Enter a few keywords about the category in Keywords. Keywords are placed in your page meta tags for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
6. Describe this category in short sentences in Short Description field. You can leave the Long Description blank. By default, if you enter any content here, it will not show on your website. To display this Long Description on your website, edit the CSS class mainCategoryDetails in default.css by setting display:block.
7. Insert Image for this category in Category Image. You can leave the Category Banner blank. By default, if you insert an image here, it will not show on your website. To display this Category Banner on your website, edit the CSS class mainCategoryDetails in default.css by setting display:block.
8. Click Save.
*Note that the difference between Category Image and Category Banner is:
- Category Image: On View Categories page.
- Category Banner: Banner Category Image alongside with product item display.