You will have to set up your email before you can start sending and receiving emails from your customers. It is important that you keep your customers updated at all times. For instance, you need to email them to let them know their order status or you might want to email them about the promotion & sales happening in your store and offer them discount codes. To do that:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click on Email.
3. Under Email Setting Details, you have the option of either using webShaper’s SMTP server or your own.
To use webShaper’s SMTP platform:
1. Start by checking the box that says webShaper SMTP Platform.
2. Fill in the Admin Email and From Email. The Admin Email will be the email used to send all outgoing emails. The From Email will be the email used to send all outgoing emails. If you wish to be more engaged with your customer, check the box that says Auto send ‘incomplete order follow up’ email after a day.
i. The Admin Email. (You will receive email from this email)
- Order Alert: You will receive an email from customer after they successfully proceed checkout inside your webShaper store.
- New customer registration alert: You will receive an email from customer after they sign-up new account inside your webShaper store.
ii. The From Email. (Your customer will receive the email from your webShaper store details from this email)
- Order Cancelled.
- Order Confirmation.
- Order Received.
- Order Shipped.
- Incomplete Order Follow Up.
- Customer New Registration (Welcome email).
- Order Partial Shipment.
- Order shipment.
3. You can check if your email settings are working by filling in the respective email addresses in the Test Sending Email section. Enter your Admin Email in the From field and enter your personal email in the To field.
4. Click Test sending email. You will see a ‘Email test successfully sent’ message once the email has been sent. If there is an error, double check all the details that you have entered to make sure all the details are correct and try again.
5. Click Save.
6. Please note that the numbers of emails you wish to send is restricted by your package type. Trial stores can send 50 email, miniStores can send 500 emails/month, sohoStores can send 2000 emails/month and bizStores can send 10,000 emails/month.
To use your own STMP server:
1. You need to specify your SMTP server on the system so that the system can send out emails. For example, enter smtp.gmail.com in SMTP Server field.
2. Select Basic for Authentication Method.
If basic authentication method is selected, please enter the username and password for logging into the SMTP server. You can create another email account for this purpose and use that email and password.
3. Enter the your email’s username and password in the Username and Password fields.
4. Enter the values for SSL, SMTP Port and Timeout. For example, the following values would be applicable for a Google Gmail account:
i. Use SSL: Yes
ii. SMTP Port: 465
5. Enter the email address that you want to use to receive all incoming emails. Admin Email will receive all incoming order emails. From Email will be the email used to send all outgoing emails. You should use the same email as the one you used for your Username.
6. Next, you should test sending an email in order to make sure that all email setting are working properly. Under Test sending email, enter your Admin Email in the From field and enter your personal email in the To field.
7. Click Test sending email. You will see a ‘Email test successfully sent’ message once the email has been sent. If there is an error, double check all the details that you have entered to make sure all the details are correct and try again.
8. Click Save.
Note: To easily create and edit regular email contents and save email templates, you can go to our tutorial link here.