Let’s get Started!
This option will allow you to sell your products through your webStore and Shoppu marketplace! Please follow the step by step instructions. This feature is only available for sohoStore or bizStore users, who are also Shoppu users.
Step 1: Obtaining the API from Shoppu
- First, we need to get the API credentials from Shoppu. Please contact Shoppu directly to do so:
Phone number: +603-22018626
Address: A-10-4, North Point Offices,
Mid Valley City, No. 1, Medan Syed Putra Utara,
59200, Kuala Lumpur.
- Login to your webShaper control panel. Go to Marketing > Marketplace. Hover over the Shoppu tab and choose Manage Settings. Please fill the all the information.
- The Username, API Key, and the Merchant Code are the information given to you by Shoppu.
- Difference in Price (Universal Price Changer) indicates the price you can add to your items; the number added can be a positive or negative integer. For example, if your product is selling at RM10, and you place a 5 in this field, your item will be sold at RM15 in Shoppu. Consequently, if you place a -5 in this field, your item will be sold at RM5 in Shoppu. This configuration applies to ALL the products you sync to Shoppu.
- Price Mode can either be set to Percentage (%) or Flat Price.
- Please tick on Enable Shoppu and click on Save.
Step 2: Mapping your webShaper Options to Shoppu Options
Shoppu has only two sets of options for now: Colour_config(represents the colours option), and Config_size(represents the size option). Shoppu requires the options to match exactly the same name for the options and their attributes; therefore, we introduced the concept of Variations Mapping which is an easy way to map webShaper options and attributes to Shoppu’s. To map your options and attributes to Shoppu, please go through the following instructions:
- Go to Marketing > Marketplace.
- Under Shoppu tab select Variations Mapping.
- A list of all webShaper options and their attributes will show up on the left column along with the mapped options and attributes on the right column.
- To map an option, please find the webShaper option that you want to map and click on “Click to map“, a pop up window will show up, search for either colour_config for colours or config_size for sizes and click on Save.
- To map an attribute, make sure that the option is mapped correctly, and then select the attribute you want to map and click on “Click to map“, a pop up window will show up, search for the Shoppu’s size or colour value you want to map to and click on Save.Important Notice: Products with unmapped options and attributes will not be pushed successfully to Shoppu, and an error will occur.
Step 3: Syncing Your Product Items
This step will allow you to sync your items with webShaper. We empowered you to choose which products you want to Sync over!
- Go to Marketing > Marketplace.
- Under the Shoppu tab select Sync Product Items.
- Click on the Add button, this will prompt a window with the following 2 options:
- Custom: Allows you to search for the product using the Item Name or SKU.
- All Products: Pushes all products in webShaper stores to Shoppu store.
- If you Remove a product from this section, please note that the item will not be deleted from Shoppu, it will only be un-synced from the product item; Re-adding the same item again might cause the item to be duplicated.
- The screen consists of 6 columns:
- Product Item Name: The name of your product.
- SKU: Your Unique Product ID (SKU known as Stock Keeping Unit)
- Last Synced: Shows the date and time of the last successful sync.
- Mapped to: Category mapping is done by Shoppu, therefore the customer do not need to worry about it.
- Status: 100% means successful sync. If any errors, click on the status icon for error messages.
- Options: This is where you can
- Customize Name / Description: You can put different name and description for Shoppu.
- Price (bizStore only): You can set different pricing for Shoppu.
- Select Images: You can set different Product Images to Sync.
- Push Images: After syncing your product for the first time, the images are successfully pushed; however, if you make any changes to the product images and would like to sync them again to Shoppu, you need to select “Push Images” to do so(Please take note that the new list of images will be added to the existing list in Shoppu, this means that the images won’t be overrided, and to delete any of the images, you can do it only in Shoppu’s seller center).
- Sync Status: Sometimes, when you add a new product to Shoppu, you might receive the following error: “Sync Failed! Please clear the error and try again”, and when you clear the error and try again, you get the following error “SKU xyz already exists”. This means that the product was successfully pushed to Shoppu but there was an issue to receive the success message from Shoppu. In this case, all you need to do is to click on “Sync status” and set the product to “Item Synced” to let webShaper know that the product has been already synced.
- Product Spec, Options: Not applicable for Shoppu.
Check Shoppu Orders in webShaper Control Panel
Once an order is received from Shoppu, the order will be stated as Processed, and stocks will be deducted from webShaper and gets updated in Shoppu too. Once the order is being processed, you can proceed to make shipping changes from the webShaper control panel.
- Go to Orders > View Orders.
- The orders synced back from Shoppu will appear under this window.
- Select the order that you would like to update and click on View.
- Orders with the status Processed (indicate that a payment has been made), will have an additional marketplace tab when viewed.
- Please take note that the shipping is handled by Shoppu’s team; therefore, you won’t need to set any shipping settings.
Check webShaper’s Shoppu Sync Log
The logs hold a list of status of your sync products and is mainly used for our troubleshooting purposes.
- Go to Marketing > Marketplace.
- Under the Shoppu tab select Shoppu’sLogs.
- Select the log you wish to view, and a prompt window will appear providing you will with all the information.
Understanding possible errors
|Error Message||What does it mean|
|Shoppu: error-attribute code "xyz" does not exist||You haven't done the variations mapping for that product's options. Go to Variations Mapping and make sure you map the option and its attributes to Shoppu attributes accordingly.|
|Shoppu error-sku"TMC0001-xyz" already exist||Caused by one of the following:
1. you have previously added another product with the same SKU to Shoppu before(you need to add a product with an SKU that never been used before).
2. you removed it from the marketplace syncing table and added it again(In this case you may select "Sync Status" from the drop down menu on the right side of the row and set it to "Item Synced").
3.you have added it for the first time and got the error "Sync Failed, please clear the error and try again." so after you cleared the error and tried again you got the "SKU already exist" error(In this case you may select "Sync Status" from the drop down menu on the right side of the row and set it to "Item Synced").
If the error message is not listed here. Please contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When Syncing to Shoppu, the products can have a maximum of one option only. Products with two options can’t be synced to Shoppu.
- There are no restrictions on the size, background color, dimensions, or number of the images to be pushed to Shoppu.
- Category mapping and Shipping is handled by Shoppu.
- After you sync your products, keep an eye on any error message (Red Flag) in the status column. The message tells a certain error that stops the product from syncing properly. Clicking on the message will show you how to fix the error.
- A red flag means something has gone wrong during the Sync. Click on it to see the error message from Shoppu. Resolve it or contact our friendly customer service at email@example.com.
- It takes an interval of 5 minutes for a product to be pushed (first time added only).
- Subsequent changes to product information, you will have to select the product, click on re-sync to be manually pushed over.