Step 1: Identify Your Router Local Area Network (LAN) IP Address
- Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center. The window as shown below should appear: (The window shown might be different due to different Windows Version)
- Click on your connected wifi, the format should appear like this. Wi-fi (<Your Wifi Name>)
- A window as shown below will appear. Click the Details button and wait for the new window to open.
- Search for:-
- IPv4 Address – Your Local Network Area (LAN) IP Address
- IPv4 Default Gateway – Your Router IP
- These IPs need to be noted down as you will need it soon.
Step 2: Setup Your Receipt Printer
- Kindly setup your printer, make sure the power source is connected.
- Plug in LAN cable to the printer, and connect it to the computer via computer LAN port.
- Click the following link to download the Utility Tools to set up the printer:
- Unzip the downloaded file and install it.
- Open the application installed. The application name is Network Setting Utility.
- Click tool -> Search Options… at the application top bar as shown below.
- Please tick the Search Specified Address and fill in the details as following:
- IP Address: 192.168.192.168
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Click Add, then the setting should appear as shown below.
- Click the printer, then click the Configuration, and a window will be opened.
- Click the third tab, TCP/IP
- Tick the Set using PING
- Now it is the time to refer the IP addresses that have been noted down previously.
- For printer IP address, please keep the first 3 dots digits and change the last number to 250.
- For example:
|LAN IP address: 192.168.1.4||Normal user|
|router should be as following formats
- Please make sure to choose the right IP based on your LAN IP address else your printer will not work.
- Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway should be the same as IPv4 Default Gateway
- For Network Interface Card Properties settings should be as shown below:
- Please confirm that everything is correct and click OK to set the printer IP.
- Wait until the setup is done.
Step 3: Check the configuration
- To check whether the configuration is correct, press the power button to switch off your printer.
- Hold the Feed button and switch on your printer. Please keep holding the Feed
- Please wait for a few seconds until the paper is printed out.
- You should be able to see your printer configuration. Search for IP Address on the receipt printer, the IP Address should be the one you set.
- Eg: xxx.xxx.xxx.250
- Search for Gateway on the receipt printer, the Gateway IP should be same as the one you set.
- Now, connect receipt printer to router via LAN
- Now everything is done nicely. You are advised to use your printer at webShaper POS
Step 4: Setup webShaper POS connect to receipt printer
- Login to your webShaper POS app.
- Click the Menu at your top left corner, and select settings.
- Click the Printer tab at left, and key in your printer IP address, eg 192.168.1.250.
- Click Done at top left corner and log out. Try login again and test to print any of your orders.